Avoid Delays! Make Your FOIA Demand Online
Through the nationwide COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail would be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your immigration that is own record
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance policies, information, or communications.
We shall publish our reaction to your demand fling member in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Ensure you get your reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Underneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you are able to
- Go to the USCIS Electronic researching area to ensure we now have perhaps not already posted the records you want.
- Make your request utilizing the right agency by reviewing the sections below. We don’t have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you’ll need, once we can get back accurate needs faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get the demand in line for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified as soon as we plan your demand.
On line records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to some other individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of the FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request reputation web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents with respect to a known person in Congress
Immigration records by techniques aside from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail shall postpone our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to have documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
If you wish to request documents by mail, you ought to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature that is notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will demand which you:
Available records under part 508 regarding the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- A telephone number where you are able to be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We will contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you create your demand, the greater effectively the records can be returned by us you will need.
You can examine the status of a current FOIA demand in the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web web page.
Certain papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, so it’s prone to go quickly.
Involved request, therefore our review will more than likely simply take a significant length of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than a obtain a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing by having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must consist of a content of 1 associated with after kinds, given because of the Department of Homeland safety or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the site associated with the workplace of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to make your demand to your right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa needs from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
When you have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you may possibly:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can just only respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can not assistance with pending applications, petitions, or just about any other kind of immigration matter.